Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Success...for the mouth, not the waist :)

Phew! Today has been an exhausting day of cooking...

First of all, I thought I'd take a few minutes to give credit where credit is due. Today's recipes for the pot roast, garlic mashed potatoes, bread and chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies all came from various sources online:

Pot roast: Paula Dean Recipe on Food Network, as well as Food Network's Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe. The Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies came from a Food Network Recipe as well. I added some coconut to the cookies, and boiled them two minutes longer than recommended and they are FANTASTIC. Lastly, I have a Fannie Farmer cookbook which has the best bread recipe I've used so far for making white bread. Here is the link to the recipe online.

Now let's get down to business. How did everything come out you ask? AMAZING. I'm really starting to wonder whether cooking is my actual life calling...

Here are some pics:

1. The Pot Roast (with carrots)!




2. The Garlic Mashed Potatoes:



3. The Bread (I made the second half of the dough into mini rolls, also pictured below.)



4. And lastly, the no bake cookies!:



Enjoy (because I sure did)!

:), Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here!