Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pot Roast, Mashed Taters, Homemade Bread and Cookies...what?!

Gooooood Morning!

Now I know that I already promised I'd get back on track with the cooking healthy plan....but...today my dad wanted to spend some quality time cooking, and that meant POT ROAST. Mmmmm. We're slow roasting it for three and a half hours, and it's soaking in shallots, dry red wine, cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, homemade beef stock, garlic, salt, pepper and more garlic. It will be delicious! Before adding the yummy sauce we pan-seared the five pound boneless chuck and rubbed a little extra salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic all over the meat.

To go with the pot roast, dad and I roasted a clove of garlic in the oven at 400 degrees for about 35 minutes, and once the yukon gold's are ready, we'll mash them with the garlic. I'm also in the process of making homemade white bread for the second time ever. YUM.

I'll post pics of the final products later tonight!

As for the rest of my life, I'm planning on going grooming with my boyfriend later on this evening after he comes over for dinner. He grooms snowmobile trails when he has some free time with the local club, along with running his own property management business, being a lieutenant on the local fire department, and all the while managing to be the best boyfriend ever. I couldn't ask for anyone more handsome, hard-working or dedicated than this man.

Enough of the mushy stuff. I've got to go work on dessert for tonight: peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies! Mmmmm.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here!