Thursday, January 14, 2010

Egg Puffs, Egg Noodles, and Yoga Moovles...if that makes sense.

Well hello there!

Last night was hectic at work, so I didn't get around to posting again once I was back at my apartment. There were three of us there and I was the only one in the front of the house, meaning I took orders at the counter, delivered food anddd cleared tables all at once. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but when the restaurant is full it's not always an easy feat. At least I burned a few cals in the process...

...and then ate them back up! At work, I ended up caving for a Quesadilla-type creation that consisted of mild salsa, avocado, chicken, cheddar cheese and crepe. It was delicious, especially because I skimped on lunch, but probably not as healthy as a salad would have been :). I got out of work at 10:45, headed home and crashed.

This morning, I woke up a little later than I wish I had, but started the day with a two-egg egg white puff (from the Fitnessista bloggerista, linked in a previous post), a serving of the maple-flavored "weight loss" instant oatmeal (which really just means it has a little more fiber than usual, and a lot less sugar) with a little 1% milk and cinnamon sprinkled on top. With this, I enjoyed two full glasses of water, and the daily cup o' Joe. (Notice the sassy cup given to me by a friend).





After breakfast I relaxed for a while on the futon and enjoyed my coffee while watching Rachael Ray. It's been hard adjusting to a smaller workload and more free time since graduating college in December, but somehow the once-hated Rachael Ray has made it into my daily routine :).

After her show, I opened up my new yoga DVD and had at it! At first I was skeptical, but I did a few poses today that I wasn't really able to fully do a week ago, which is proof enough to continue. Goal: reach my feet, here I come!


Following 45 minutes of yoga, I decided I needed a little snack...so...I made a smoothie! In it was a tropical frozen fruit mix of mangos, strawbs, pineapples and peaches, a little bit of orange juice, and some Kashi GoLean cereal (about a half cup) for some added fiber and protein. It was deilicious! However, note to self: drink smoothie faster when adding cereal, otherwise the added moisture makes the cereal a mushy and weird texture.



As for the rest of my day, I'm planning on doing another DVD workout, showering, then I'm off to work at 5 until close, so probably around 11pm. At work I'll probably have a mesclun-spinach salad mix with our house-made apple cider vinaigrette, topped with apple slices, chevre, and grape tomatoes! Mmmmm.

See you all later!

Jenna

P.S. Something to look forward to: for dinner tomorrow night, I'm planning on making Rachael Ray's Chicken Divan and Egg Noodle Bake that I saw on her show this morning. It looks DELICIOUS. And to make it a little healthier, I'll be substituting whole wheat egg noodles rather than the plain ol' white ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here!