Monday, January 25, 2010

A little bit o' this, and a little bit o' chicken parm...

"There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves.” -Thomas Wolfe

Nice quote, right? Well I thought it was perfect to set the stage for today's plans: cooking chicken parmigiana for my boyfriend and mother :) More on that later...

To catch up on the past few days, we'll start with Saturday:
I worked from 8 until 3ish. I had a little time before meeting up with a friend, and so I made this lovely concoction (egg white omelet similar to the other day, with chevre, mushrooms, arugala, and some seasoning...along with a piece of delicious multigrain toast):



...and then met up with Kaitlyn around 4:15 for a long cardio sesh...40 minutes on the elliptical :). The best part, however, was afterwards because we had date night and went out for SUSHI! Yummmm. We both enjoyed a glass of wine (red for me) and had an appetizer (picture below...avocado and cucumber roll) and then for my main meal I enjoyed a soft shell crab roll. My favoooorriitteee.



I went to bed around 10 because I had to get up early again on Sunday, wash and repeat...

I woke up to one of the better breakfast cookies I've ever made:


During work, I munched on one of my homemade granola bars (seen in a previous post) for a pick-me-up. Afterwards, it was time to head home to see the boy <3, so I made myself another delicious smoothie:

*1/2 medium banana (50 calories)
*1/2 scoop Designer Whey Vanilla (50 calories)
*3/4 cup frozen berries (50ish calories)
*1/2 cup each of almond milk and OJ (about 120 calories)
annddd....
*1/4 ripe avocado (to mix it up, about 80 calories)
*1/4 container vanilla yogurt to make up for the berries (i ran out of them...haha)
Total? about 350 calories

With it, I enjoyed another piece of the multigrain toast that I bought at a local bakery at home and am keeping frozen in my freezer. Delicious:


This morning, I left the boy's house and munched on a banana (100 calories), and one of the last of my homemade granola bars (about 300 calories). I picked up some coffee, went to visit my mom at work for a while and munched on a few mango slices (about 150 calories). Thennn, I rushed off to the grocery store to pick up some things for tonight's dinner: CHICKEN PARM! I've never made it before, but I'll be sure to post pics tomorrow.

Once home, I made myself a KILLER lunch. I made a salad with:

*1/4 ripe avocado (80 calories)
*2 cups mesclun/arugala/spinach mix (about 40 calories, maybe less)
*1 cup sliced mushrooms (20 calories)
*2 tbsp Annie's Goddess Dressing...I've never had it before, but it was DELICIOUS....maybe I should find new synonyms for delicious :) (130 calories)
*tortilla strips (20 calories)
*2 tbsp basil and roasted garlic chevre (50 calories)






AND a 2 egg white puff with red pepper flakes on the side (about 30 calories):


Total for lunch? About 370 calories. Not bad for being so satisfying.

For an afternoon snack, I munched on some Veggie Pirate Booty (130 calories):



Phew, that was a lotta pictures. I'm off to do some exercise dvds with my mother, take a quick shower, and get started on Project: Chicken Parmifantastic. haha

Results to follow...
<3, Jenna

P.S. My new mini life goals are currently:
1. get in super duper shape while changing my eats (this has become apparent to most of you)
2. save up some money and get my personal trainer certification
3. in the meantime, start training for (and register for) a half marathon to be completed this summer.

Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment here!