Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Eating half healthy...at least it's a start.

Good morning everyone!

I woke up to find that my dad was about to cook some thick cut bacon for his breakfast, and so I (now reluctantly) said I'd eat a piece or two.

So, I had some eggs with it. But at least these eggs weren't fried in the bacon fat, no...I ended up using two egg whites in a glass bowl (greased lightly with butter) and put in the microwave for a minute and a half. This, my friends, is the classic Fitnesssista Egg Puff. Added a tiny bit of salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper for a kick and it was DELICIOUS. Now...if only I hadn't eaten the bacon to completely ruin the fact that I ate anything healthy this morning :)

Paired with it was some hazelnut coffee (trust me I've tried, and I just can't get away from the stuff), and a small glass of V8 juice. Don't let this picture fool you either...I definitely had more than one piece of bacon. Tisk.


However, I have decided to throw the guilt away this morning. It's sometimes impossible to watch what I eat without going for the "all or nothing" attitude. So, today is my day to start accepting that I've eaten something not so healthy and to try to balance it out with healthy eats for the remainder of the day. We'll see how that goes...

As for the rest of my life, I'm about to go finish watching Rachael Ray and enjoy my hazelnut coffee before dropping by to say hi to my sweetie, then back up to my apartment (I live two hours away from my home and boyfriend) to work tonight at a local restaurant. I'll post later if I have time.

Adios! <3

1 comment:

  1. For someone who never cooked until recently, my daughter has become a very good cook in short order haha

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment here!